Bed and Breakfast
Otley Point 1 on the map
- Dowgill House, 5-7 Bondgate, Otley LS21 3AB tel. 01943 850 836. Georgian Grade II Listed townhouse dates back to 1753 and is situated in the heart of the Yorkshire market town of Otley. Sympathetically renovated between March and November 2008 and retaining many of the original features and charm of its colourful history, Dowgill House offers four individually designed and furnished en-suite rooms.
- Black Horse Hotel, 2 Westgate, Otley LS21 3AS. tel. 01943 465950
- Chevin End Guest House, West Chevin Road, Menston, LS29 6BE Tel: 01943 876845. Chevin End Guest House is a barn conversion complex adjoining Chevin End Farm. Set in a rural location it has panoramic Wharfe Valley views yet is only one mile from the towns of Otley, Menston and Guiseley, and less than half a mile from the main A65 Leeds / Ilkley road. Boasting 15 en-suite rooms, most with panoramic views and most have private entrances onto our courtyards – ideal for large group bookings such as weddings, christenings, funerals, and walking groups.
- Chevin Country Park Hotel, York Gate, Otley, LS21 3NU Tel: 01943 467818. Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa is certainly a unique destination in West Yorkshire with a distinctly alpine feel. The dog-friendly hotel is the UK’s largest log cabin with 16 bedrooms and 32 lodges. It is situated adjacent to a picturesque lake, surrounded by a birch forest and Yorkshire Dales.
- Otley has a number of Air B & B premises. (search Google for details)
Timble 1 km west along footpath from point 18 on the map (Harrogate link)
- Timble Inn Restaurant, North Lane, Timble, LS21 2NN Tel: 880530. Comfortable, relaxing and with touches of luxury there are 9 individual 5 AA Star Gold Award Winning rooms combining period character with contemporary country living design.
Blubberhouses Point 21 on the map
- Hopper Lane Hotel, Skipton Road, Blubberhouses, LS21 2NZ 01943 880 010. Recently refurbished (2019) with comfortable countryside rooms available. All have modern TVs, en suite and tea and coffee making facilities and of course you can enjoy a stunning breakfast in the morning too, and with prices starting at only £35 per person we’re also fantastic value.
- Skaife Hall Farm, Hardisty Hill, Blubberhouses, Otley. LS21 2PL Tel: 01943 880354/ 07882 595870 B&B accommodation which offers 3 rooms in all, 2 double & 1 twin bedded rooms each with ensuite shower room. If a third double room is required the twin beds can be joined together to provide this. The bathrooms have complimentary Au Lait toiletries and large fluffy bath sheets, hand towels, bath mats, and face cloths for your use. The bedrooms all have central heating, a well-stocked beverage tray, hairdryers & radio alarms. The flat-screen TVs have Freeview and built-in DVD players.
Thornwaite ! km southeast of Padside Green point 24 on the map
- Church Gate Farm, Low Lane Thornwaite, Harrogate, HG3 2QS Tel: 01423 780433/07801 922105. Nestled in the glorious Nidderdale countryside, in the quiet hamlet of Thornthwaite, is Church Gate Farm Bed & Breakfast. Thoughtfully renovated, the rambling 18th century detached stone farmhouse is full of character. A stay here offers a spacious yet cosy home from home.
Bewerley 1 km south of Pateley Bridge, west of the river Nidd
- Bewerley Hall Farm, Bewerley, Pateley Bridge, Harrogate HG3 5JA Tel: 10423 711636/07872 493675. Bewerley Hall Farm is a Grade 11 listed converted Farmstead offering comfortable bed and breakfast accommodation and self-catering cottages in the beautiful, quiet countryside of Nidderdale, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in the eastern Yorkshire Dales.
Pateley Bridge Point 40 on the map, for more Pateley Bridge B&B addresses see www.booking.com
- Lyndale Guest House, King Street, Pateley Bridge, Harrogate, Tel: 01423 712657 or Mobile 07796 872586 Classified as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. A stay in this Yorkshire Dales market town is ideal for walking, cycling, restaurants, pubs, events on the Nidderdale show-ground, festivals and many other activities and attractions in the area
Wath 1.5km north of Pateley Bridge
- High Green Farm, Wath Road, Wath, Pateley Bridge HG3 5PJ. High Green Farm welcomes visitors in the main farmhouse on a Bed & Breakfast basis, and offer two elegantly furnished guest bedrooms. The double room has an adjacent luxury bathroom with a shower. The twin bedded room has an en-suite shower room.
Healey (3 km east from point 65 on the map (outside map in guidebook)
- The Firs Farm, Healey, Ripon HG4 4LH, 01765 688 910, Firs Farm offers traditional farmhouse accommodation with additional luxury touches. Guests have a separate entrance and stairway to the accommodation giving them an extra degree of privacy. Downstairs is the dining room and a comfortable guest sitting room with an open log fire and access to a private garden. A pick-up and drop-off service is also available for walkers on the Six Dales Trail.
Fearby 4 km east from point 65 on the map (outside map in guidebook)
- Black Swan Public House, Keld Bank, Fearby, Masham HG4 4NF Tel:01765 689477. Guest rooms are particularly spacious with views over the Yorkshire Dales and the Vale of York. Why not stay in the Fairthorne Room and learn about its history and later discover the area for your self! Each room is named after local places with a brief history, accompanying walks and pictures both old and modern. All our rooms have en-suite facilities, TV, free Wi-Fi, hairdryer, drinks making facilities and comfortable seating with coffee table.
- Cover Bridge Inn, East Witton, Leyburn DL8 4SQ Tel: 01969 623250. A Historic 16th Century Inn On The Banks Of The River Cover. This characterful old coaching inn has been welcoming travelers for hundreds of years – a tradition continued by owners Nick & Anne Harrington for 22 years. The Cover Bridge Inn, (formerly called the Forresters Arms and previously the Masons Arms), is situated alongside the River Cover, a few hundred yards upstream from the confluence with the River Ure.
- Richard III Hotel, Market Place, Middleham, Leyburn DL8 4NP. Richard the Third Hotel built in the 17th Century lies in the centre of Middleham overlooking the little market square. We have the pleasure of the castle behind us and the clip-clopping of the horses going past our front door every morning. With views over the dale, it is a lovely place to spend a night or a few days.
- Lindmar House, Market Place, Middleham, DL8 4NR, is an elegant Grade 11 listed Georgian building with Medieval origins situated in the heart of historic Middleham. Classed as a boutique/country house guest house having three en-suite guest rooms with original features, each room is stylish, elegant, relaxed, comfortable & Scandi/French-inspired.
- Dante’s Arms, Market Place, Middleham, DL8 4NP Tel: 01969 624792. Originally the Black Swan, now relaunched with love by local Emma, the Dante Arms aims to reflect the rich racing heritage of the town.The yard where Dante was trained is just behind the pub, and the dozen or so yards around the town all ride their horses up to the same gallops each morning. The bedrooms have been refurbished in a comfortable luxury style, and the bar is well-stocked with gins, local ales, and wines from around the world.
- The Black Bull, Market Place, Middleham, DL8 4NX. The Black Bull Middleham is a Yorkshire Dales pub with rooms, food and a friendly welcome for everyone. (We are dog friendly too!) The Grade II listed pub is situated near the market towns of Leyburn, Masham and Bedale at the gateway to the Dales.
Camping including tenting
- Chevin End or Menston Clarion Clubhouse Ltd, West Chevin Road, Menston, LS29 6BL 2 km west from point 1 on the map (outside map in guidebook)
- High House Farm, Hardisty Hill, Blubberhouses, LS21 2PJ, tel. 01943 880483
- Brakes Fold Farm, West End, HG3 4BB 01943 290132 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Turn left at point 24 on the map in the guide book; ca 0.5 mile along the road (turning right at the T crossing) or the permissive footpath by the reservoir, shown on the map in red dots.
- Low Wood Caravan Park, Spring House, Heathfield, Pateley Bridge, HG3 5PZ
- Riverside Caravan Park, Pateley Bridge, HG3 5HL, tel. 01423 711383
- Westfield Caravan Site, Westfield Farm, Heathfield, Pateley Bridge HG3 5BX, tel. 1423 711880
4 km east from point 65 on the map (outside map in guidebook)
- Black Swan Public House, Kell Bank, Fearby, Masham, Ripon HG4 4NF, tel. 01765 689477
- Jervaulx Abbey, Masham HG4 4PH, Tel. 01677 460226 (after 6 pm)
- Craken House Camping Site, Middleham Road, Leyburn, DL8 5HF, tel. 01969 622204
- Lower Wensleydale Caravan Club Site, Harmby, Leyburn, DL8 5NU, tel. 01969 623366
- Pheasant Inn & Caravan Park, Harmby, Leyburn, DL8 5PA, tel. 01969 622223
Baggage Transfer/Package Holiday
- Brigantes Bagage Transfer and package holiday arrangements along the Six Dales Trail: Brigantes.